Ironclad Pan The Legacy Pan 280mm
The last pan you'll ever buy. The Ironclad Legacy Pan (28cm) is the original cast iron skillet handmade in Australia.
- Nothing else matches the craft and material quality of The Legacy Pan.
- Every Legacy is handmade using the highest grade of recycled iron and can be used on all cooking surfaces - from induction cooktop to roaring campfire.
- Your Legacy Pan will arrive from the foundry with a single layer of vegetable oil seasoning.
- Every skillet we make is designed to withstand 100+ years of daily use. Guaranteed. We’re so confident these babies will last, each one comes with our trademark Three Generation Guarantee®.
- The longest product warranty on earth.
PRE (OR RE) SEASONING
WHAT YOU'LL NEED Dish soap. Running water. An oven. Grapeseed oil or seasoning balm. A dry cloth.
1. WIPE/WASH Scrub thoroughly once all over with soap and hot water.
2. RINSE AND DRY Rinse all the suds off, then dry. We mean bone-dry. Some grey residue may still show on the cloth here.
3. PRE-HEAT Warm your cookware on the stove top until hot enough for the balm to melt into the surface. Pre-heating in this way ensures it’s completely dry and opens the iron’s pores to better soak up seasoning.
4. OIL Using a clean cloth or paper towel, rub the balm (or about one tablespoon of grapeseed oil) over the entire surface, inside and out, including the base and embossed areas. You’re rubbing seasoning into the surface, not onto it. Wipe off any excess. The end result should be a thin coat of oil, giving a dull matte finish and dry appearance.
5. BAKE Turn the heat up to 180°C. Place upside-down in the middle of your oven. Bake for another 10 minutes before removing to wipe off any excess oil.
6. CRANK THE HEAT Return your cookware upside-down to the middle of your oven. Turn up the heat to 220°C and leave it to bake for at least an hour.
7. COOL Turn off the heat and allow to cool completely in the oven - ideally overnight. Then you’re ready to go!
Choose your products online
Add them to your shopping cart
Select 'Click and Collect' as the delivery method at checkout
You will receive a notification email or SMS - normally within 24-48 hours of placing an order to let you know it's ready for collection
Collect your order in store
Make sure you bring a copy of your invoice or photo ID
Collect from AGC, between Mon-Fri 9am - 3pm
at 13-15 Hume Highway, Greenacre NSW 2190